To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 49, Issue 59
From: "Dudley Chapman" <chief@thechief.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 01:56:16 -0500
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:30:38 -0600
From: "jim" <wb5aaa@alltel.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 450 ohm ladder line
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>

Hope this is not off topic

If I add 50' to the existing feed  ladder line on my wire antenna

Will it work?   Or would that be  a big NO NO

from the shack of

WB5AAA

73 de JIM

Jim,
    It is definitely not a no no in general.  However, adding 50 feet to the
existing ladder line will change the impedance that the antenna and feedline
combination present to the tuner.  Whatever the impedance you have now on
each band, it will be different after you add the 50 feet.  The impedance on
some bands might improve and on others it will get worse.  But chances are
your tuner will still be able to handle the extreme bands.

Dudley - WA1X