Re: [TowerTalk] TriEx (Tashjian) Tower

To: "Edward F. Patla" <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TriEx (Tashjian) Tower
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:12:18 -0800
At 07:59 AM 1/13/2007, Edward F. Patla wrote:
>I have the opportunity to purchase a used W 51 TriEx telescoping
>tower.  The problem is I will need the engineering specs

>with the wet stamp

>  before I can get a building permit from the village.  Does any one
> have the engineering specs or know where to get them.
>   I am also waiting for a reply from Tashjian, hoping they send something.

Now that's an interesting concept.  I don't know that the engineering
calculations for a new tower would be appropriate for a "used"
tower.  Other jurisdictions and engineers may differ, but I know that
I wouldn't seal it.  The wet stamp means the sealer has personally
(or under their direct "span of control") done the analysis and
calculations for the thing being sealed.  For a new tower, where
you're using new materials and supervising the construction, it's one
thing.  Unless I knew an awful lot about the history, I'd want to see tests.

OTOH, maybe the local jurisdiction just wants calculations for the base?