Re: [TowerTalk] changing towers

To: "towertalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] changing towers
From: <>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:22:00 -0600
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:37:37 EST
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] change towers?

In a message dated 1/13/2007 8:00:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,<>

>  If I took the tower down is there a way to use the present  base for a
up tower?

>  The base is 10'x10'x5', 18  yards of concrete.  Could I use the presents
to make a  steel frame to fit the new tower or should I drill into the
concrete and  glue
in new pegs?

Hiya, Ron --
    Your present concrete base is FB and you don't  need a steel frame. Just
drill into the concrete where you need to and then  epoxy the anchor rods in.
Your local rental yard should have everything you  need. A concrete bit will
drill you a hole in a minute or two and the epoxy is  stronger than the
concrete so you'll be good to go! Contractors do this kind  of thing everyday.
Steve    K7LXC
Professional tower services for hams
Cell: 206-890-4188

So, Steve,

If I may play the "Devils advocate" for a minute.  Depending on the overall
total amount of "gray matter" an individual may or may not have, just how deep
would one have to drill/epoxy???  I know of some individuals who would take
your statement to mean if they drilled 2" (inches) and epoxied (sp), it would
hold up a tower. While others would know better, and get proper engineering
(Just trying to protect the innocent here)

K9WN  Jake