[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Hauling "Cradle" advice needed

To: "Bill Erickson" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Hauling "Cradle" advice needed
From: "Rick Karlquist" <>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:44:54 -0800 (PST)
List-post: <>
Bill Erickson wrote:
> Gentlemen:
> I need to move a 24 foot long (when collapsed), 2,400 pound tower.
> I can not find a rental trailer that is longer than 14 feet.
> A long time ago I saw a ham towing a tower as a trailer. He had built and
> attached a cradle
> near the base of the tower. It had 15 inch car wheels and tires.

Someone told me that UST provides just such a trailer for customers
buying towers.  You get a one day permit for it from DMV.  You should
be aware that if the total length of your towing vehicle and trailer
exceeds 40 feet, you need a class A drivers license (like truck
drivers have).  When I moved a 26 foot long 4000 lb tower, I rented
a flat bed truck because it was just too much weight for my van
to go over the Grapevine.

Rick N6RK

Rick N6RK


TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>