Re: [TowerTalk] moving tower

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] moving tower
From: Jim Fitzpatrick <>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:31:11 -0600
The problem:

I need to move a 24 foot long (when collapsed), 2,400 pound tower.
> I can not find a rental trailer that is longer than 14 feet.

I second the motion of using a boat trailer. I've moved a couple of crankups in
the 22 ft range. I was able to borrow a boat trailer about 20 ft long from a
friend. We carefully winched the tower(s) onto the trailer, secured it and off
we went. The trailer easily handled the weight (600-800 lbs in my case), and no
worry about lights, etc, since the trailer had them. I'm sure if a trailer
can't be borrowed, they are available for rent at any large boat/marine supply
dealer. They are in this area.