[TowerTalk] Antenna Interactions - Reradiated Noise?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Interactions - Reradiated Noise?
From: kd4e <>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:01:32 -0500
I read this on another list ...

"It does reradiate enough noise, if not detuned,
to mask weak signals on my receiving antennas ..."

I have read of passive antennas used as passive
repeaters, so it does make sense that such a thing
could occur ... but under what sort of circumstances?

Could we in some rare cases actually raise our
local noise floor, or suffer such, due to new
antennas or other metallic objects in the area
of our antennas?

Just curious ...

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Note:  UNder reconstruction due to server change.