[TowerTalk] dipole length adjustment

To: <>, <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] dipole length adjustment
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:20:50 -0600

Last year I needed to tune a 40m dipole to resonance so I created an Excel
spreadsheet to help me determine the adjustments. I have attached a copy for
you to review. This attachment won't make it through the mail list, so if
anyone else is interested, I can email a copy or post it to my website.

One section of the spreadsheet lets you enter the current dimensions and
current resonant frequency. You then enter your desired resonant frequency. The
spreadsheet will calculate how much to add/subtract from the dipole in total.
It also does the math to tell you how much to change for each "half".

A subsection calculates the difference between the formula dimensions &
resonance and the real world results you have measured.

There is one worksheet for English measurements and another for Metric

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:38:34 +0700
From: Martin Sole <>

I tried to google this but got lost in the mire!

The math to determine how much I should lengthen/shorten a dipole to
move the resonant frequency from where it is to where I want?

Must have seen this in so many places, just cannot locate one of them
right now.

Martin, HS0ZED