To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 49, Issue 77
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:12:48 -0500
     If it reradiates noise why not reradiating the signal you want to
receive as well thus S/N remains constant.
How does the unused antenna know noise from signal?
    However, It can reradiate everything it receives and change your
radiation pattern thus reducing the weak signal in some cases. It may also
change the impedance of the connected antenna and perhaps its resonant
frequency if it is close enough. I think the noise thing is most likely an
observation someone made and noticed a reduction in S/N and concluded the
noise increased while it was really change in radiation pattern reducing
the received signal.

73
Bill wa4lav