Re: [TowerTalk] dipole length adjustment

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dipole length adjustment
From: "Cecil Moore" <>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 10:23:26 -0600
>From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <>
>Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dipole length adjustment
>I prefer the 'close enough' adjustment method.  This works for any units
>any band.

I prefer to do as little work as possible. Put up any length of dipole (at
least 3/8WL long at the lowest operating frequency) and feed it with
ladder-line. Sit in the warmth of the shack and adjust the ladder-line
length until a current maximum point is reached. If the SWR is lower than
2:1, don't even bother with a tuner. Check out the All-HF-Band-Antenna on my
web page.
73, Cecil,