Re: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Rotor Recommendation Needed - NewQuestion.

To: "Bill Erickson" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch Rotor Recommendation Needed - NewQuestion.
From: "Rajiv Dewan, N2RD" <>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:31:50 -0500
Just a few ways in which the Green Heron is superior, (working off of
- works with almost any rotor, including prop pitches, tic rings,
tower turning systems, etc.
- will work with AC or DC motors
- will work with resistance, or reed type sensors
- works / interfaces well with PCs
- highly programmable operation (ramp speeds, stops, orientation)
- can be slaved to other units to provided co-rotation or counter
rotation (for example to keep an antenna on the mast
pointed the same way while the tower itself rotates)
- you do not have to advantage of all of the features now, it will
grow as you antenna farm does,
- replace rotors with other brands with no change to rotor box
- industry best display (large, bright, emissive)
- uses solid state instead of relays that might stick
- can take run length of wire into account by putting by sensing the
voltage at the rotor and adjusting automatically at source
- can remote the rotor control circuit while keeping the rest of the
interface in the shack (this works for really large wire runs or high
current rotors)

I have no financial interest in Green Heron.  Jeff is a friend.

Rajiv Dewan, N2RD