Re: [TowerTalk] Tree mounting yagi

To: 'Dave LaBat' <>,,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tree mounting yagi
From: Steve Katz <>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:25:41 -0800

    "I did like the tree mounting option. I've  installed a bunch of yagis
 including 2L 40M beams in trees and they work like  gangbusters. You might
 have a
 problem with tree movement if you use a dish but  no problems with a yagi."

Question: How do you keep the rotator bearings round if you try rotating a
large yagi when it's not perfectly level?  Does this really work, and last
any reasonable length of time?  I've worn out bearings with large beams when
they were only about 1 degree off level, so I can't imagine what happens
with 5 degrees...