[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] Telrex rotor Selsyns

To: Bee Walton <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telrex rotor Selsyns
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 03:52:00 -0800
List-post: <>
At 02:24 PM 1/26/2007, Bee Walton wrote:
>Anyone know a source for the Selsyn transformers for the Telrex rotor and
>control box?  Fair Radio or SSof NE do not have them.  Details and specs
>can be provided if required.

Selsyn is a trade name for a synchro.  (GE, I think).. so googling 
for synchro might find more info.

These things are fairly standardized, in terms of size (i.e. is it a 
size 23 or something else) and voltages and impedances.  C&H Sales in 
Pasadena, CA, used to carry a fairly large selection of them 
(transmitters, receivers, funky transformers, etc.) but I have heard 
that C&H is going out of business (after many decades) so they might 
not have any left.

try here:

And, of course, you can buy new ones (Check the Thomas Register to 
find mfrs.. I think Moog is one ) or get the 
old one repaired.  A company called Windings, Inc.

Windings Inc
New Ulm, MN 56073
ph (800)795-8533 fax (507)354-5383

does this.

Synchros are widely used as position encoders, and there's a raft of 
special purpose ICs or modules that take the three phase AC signal 
from the synchro and turn it into a digital word.  Companies like DDC 
make them. 

TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>