[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA control box: pointer error

To: Towertalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA control box: pointer error
From: Eric Scace K3NA <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:10:02 -0500
Hi folks --

   At W1KM the 10m stack is rotated by a Yaesu G-1000DXA.  The stack is
side-mounted so we only get about 300Â of azimuth coverage.

   The control box does not track direction very well.  At the full CCW
limit (330Â), we can set the pointer for the correct direction.  The
display reads out correctly from NW through E.  Thereafter the indicator
moves smaller and smaller distances ... so that, by the time the antenna
is pointing SW, the display indicator is 45Â behind (i.e., pointing S).

   Recently this problem became worse.  The indicator no longer tracks
even in the previously-correct NW-through-E sector.

   We suspect something has gone wrong in the electronics within in the
control box... but wonder if anyone else has had -- and fixed -- this

-- Eric K3NA