Re: [TowerTalk] regalvanizing Rohn 45

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] regalvanizing Rohn 45
From: "Scott Honaker" <scotthon@pilchuckvet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:46:36 -0800
I actually had my Rohn 45 fold-over done for real.  It was only $.50 a pound
and they prep it to remove rust (removing paint is more).  I was concerned
about holes filling with zinc - especially the hinge area.  It turned out to
not be a problem.  It's definitely tighter but everything still fits (you'll
need that tapered punch).

My local place was Ace Galvanizing.  You should be able to find a shop in
the phone book.  It's an entire hot-dip process just like the original.  I
just dropped off the pieces and wired them together with my name.  I came
back a week later and they were done.  The tower was so pretty, I've been
looking for other projects to galvanize...

Scott N7SS