Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator connector replacement - trailer-stylevs. A

To: eric@k3na.org, k1ttt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator connector replacement - trailer-stylevs. Amphenol Eco-Mate
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:20:13 +0000
TT:

     When I built a coaxial balun for my Skyhawk, I stripped the antenna end of
the cable and soldered a wire pigtail to the shield.  I slipped a piece of
heatshrink tubing over the cable end with the center and shield wires sticking
out, and filled the end of the tubing with hot melt glue.  Then I shrunk the
heat shrink tubing.  Nice weather-resistant glob on the end.

     You might be able to seal the end(s) of the control cable this way.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: Eric Scace K3NA <eric@k3na.org>