Re: [TowerTalk] galvanized radial wires

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] galvanized radial wires
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 08:18:42 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 21:24:56 -0800, "Richard (Rick) Karlquist"
 <richard@karlquist.com> wrote:

>How do you keep the steel wire from curling up like a spring?
>
>Rick N6RK

Securely anchor one end and pull the other end just enough to stretch
in an inch or so. The springy coil effect will instantly disappear and
you will have a nice straight piece of wire.

I have to admit I have not used this on galvanized wire so
theoretically this might introduce some tiny cracks in the galvanizing
and thereby reduce the rust protection. I just don't know.

Bill, W6WRT