Re: [TowerTalk] Ferrite Cores in Trapped Dipoles

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ferrite Cores in Trapped Dipoles
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 14:45:18 -0700
There's an old DOS program called "Coil.exe" that calculates inductance
and self-resonance (both parallel and series) for single layer
cylindrical air-wound coils.  I have no idea how accurate it is for
calculating resonance, but it seems to be pretty close for inductance
for simple coils.  At least I would think it should get you in the
ballpark for building a trap.  The program is freeware and runs fine on
my Windows XP machine, and at least one of the sites where you can find
it is here:

http://www.rfcascade.com/index1.html

Click on "circuit design" at the left, then scroll down to find the program.

Caveat emptor ....

Dave  AB7E

Bill Turner wrote:
> [...]

save the cheerleader ... save the world