Re: [TowerTalk] Which rotor for a tree setup - Ham 3, Ham 4 , other

To: Krishna Kanakasapapathi <kkanakas@cisco.com>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which rotor for a tree setup - Ham 3, Ham 4 , other
From: Joe - WDØM <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:48:11 -0700
Hi Krish,

Good luck with the HOA!  I've used Ham IV rotors
in the past, but eventually traded it in on a
Yaesu G-1000SDX.  I like the "preset" direction
(easy to "park" the antenna with one push of the
button), plus the turn and forget rotation, as
well as the 450 degree rotation of the
Yaesu.   I've used the Yaesu in Alaska for years,
where it experienced 120 mph gusts and -40F
temperatures.  I'm still using the same rotor her
in Colorado, and we've had 88 mph winds that blew
out the windows in my home, as well as temps of
-20F.  I use the Yaesu to turn a 4L SteppIR with
the 40/30 option and 6M elements on a 55 foot US
Towers TX-455.  No problems at all.

Again, good luck with the HOA!

73,
Joe