Re: [TowerTalk] Help with cables on crank up tower

To: <rbaker@pine-net.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help with cables on crank up tower
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:53:23 -0800
The photos tell me that it is not in the same strength class with UST and
TriEx. The rod cross braces are smaller diameter than current towers. The
width of the top section is smaller than current towers. The corner tubes
appear to be thinner wall than in current towers. The pulleys and their
attachment are very fragile compared to current towers. I believe the
bar/spring gadgets are latches which are set by a pull rope when the tower
is fully extended. I have seen a tower with latches like that somewhere but
can't remember where. I believe that tower was guyed at the top of the
bottom section.
  I would be reluctant to put anything larger than a small tri bander on it
and no stacked antennas.
73, Dan, N5AR