Re: [TowerTalk] Tower specs, putting a package together

To: kinzli@kinzlicoils.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower specs, putting a package together
From: el34guy@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:48:03 -0500
Hi Jeff,

In checking the US tower site I dont see a HDX-472, I see a HDX-572?
Its rated for 70mph@18 sq ft. The LM-470 triex tower is rated for 18 sq
ft at 85mph.

In adding up your 2 antennas I get roughly 20sq ft total.

Im no expert on this but Im wondering if you are over you limit
already? You may have to even go higher for wind mph depending on your
part of the country. Seventy mph isnt the norm much anymore.

I may not be reading all the figures right here Jeff, but if I am I
think your over the limit for either tower.

Does all this correct to you? 73

Mark
W0NCL