[TowerTalk] Repairs

To: "TOWERTALK Reflector" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Repairs
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:14:12 -0600
I guess I just don't understand.  I constantly see people trying to find
someplace to repair their equipment, fine, why not just try the manufacturer.

We have a homebrew amp like was built years ago (4-1000) at the clubhouse that
we use there for contests etc.  We had vandal damage.  The amp was tipped over
and landed on it's face breaking most everything (one monoband for 160 and a
multi band for the others).  The 6 meters in the amp all had their plastic
covers broken.  The movements didn't seem to be damaged.  I found the Simpson
plant and called them and very carefully built jigs to hold the meters so the
needles couldn't touch anything no matter what.  I sent them in to the person
the fellow on the phone told me to and they were returned after a bit
completely repaired and adjusted and at NO charge.

Why not just try the manufacturer for repair of the equipment.  Sure, there
will be items that are no longer being serviced, but some of the ones I see
people asking about certainly are.

Makes no sense to me.

73, Jim