[TowerTalk] I've HAD it with GAP! (follow-up)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] I've HAD it with GAP! (follow-up)
From: Mahlon Haunschild <mahlonhaunschild@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 19:17:02 -0600
Well, if you recall I screeded to the list back in October that I've
been unable to get my GAP Voyager off the ground for approx. three years
for want of a 160m  tuning capacitor, which for some reason GAP seems
unable to supply to me.  One list member took the initiative to measure
his, and determined that 1825 KHz = 5150 pF (I thank you very much).

The other day in St Louis at one of my surplus haunts I found a cache of
(wouldn't ya know!) 5150 pF silver micas for 25 cents each.  So I'll
test one to see if it tunes up, then if it does I'll series/parallel
four of them to get a decent working voltage (I'm assuming that they're
500V parts, which I feel is a bit lightweight for this).  After that,
I'll probably try two 5150s and two 4700s in seriea/parallel to see
where that falls.

Hey, if nothing else I'll reverse-engineer this sucker until I get what
I want.

Note that 160m performance isn't what I'm looking for; I just want the
thing working again, period.

NEway, thanks to those on the list who responded, on- and off-list.