Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] HIGH POWER and RFI...

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>,"towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] HIGH POWER and RFI...
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 10:26:19 -0800
A<snip of useful stuff>

>At some point, you need to study the Fair-Rite catalog. Like anything else
>in life, you really start learning when you really start studying. :)  Once
>you've put in that time, then you've got the possibility of using simpler
>instrumentation to figure out what you have. BUT: when I started learning
>about ferrites, I was using only what I bought at hamfests. The best advice
>I ever got on the subject was to quit playing around and start looking at
>known parts.

I find that as I get older, and my free time less and income more,
that ordering "known quantities" from the catalog is more productive
at getting the job done.  But there still is that "thrill of the
hunt" when you are browsing through the surplus place or hamfest and
finding that real good deal. Too bad I have a garage full of "good
deals" that I haven't got the time to use.

Jim, W6RMK