[TowerTalk] US Tower bearings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower bearings
From: "Mac McCullough" <w5mc@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:46:53 -0500
All ,  I am wanting to replace some of the small diameter bearings that are
pressed and then sort of "set" by dimpling the surrounding aluminum grooved
pulley ...  these bearings are used throughout the UST wire pulley scheme,
presently the one I have in my hand is marked  K 8  made in USA  Nice Phila...
or better yet has anyone replaced this  " my words " poor quality bearing with
a better quality as well sealed type bearing ...  these bearing frequently seem
to seize,  thereby forcing the cable to drag it's self across the pulley groove
and then ruining the pulley in short order ..  I love the tower,  just not
these critical yet cheap bearings they use ..  all suggestions welcomed ..
thanx  mac/mc  w5mc

Located 46 miles due North of the Alamo, and 121 miles due South of the Western
White House.   see my website at  www.collinsandharrisradios.com