[TowerTalk] Elevator Systems --- request for photos,comments and /or dra

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elevator Systems --- request for photos,comments and /or drawings
From: Alton McConnell <>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:36:57 +0000
Hello Everyone:
I have a 60' commercial grade steel (tapered) free standing tower that I want
to fit with an elevator system. It is in 10 cubic yards of concrete and has one
set of guys at 40' ( I like to see the guys when I am on the tower although the
tower does not need them for the 2 element quad.)
The antenna will be a four element tri-band quad with a 30' boom that I will
turn with a prop pitch motor. (I  have all the parts for the project except the
Does anyone have photos or drawings for an elevator system?
The ones that I have seen in the past use a top section of tower that runs on
two cables that are attached to the side of the tower.  This is workable.  The
issue is --- how does one secure the elevator at the top of the tower?  Can
this be done without having to climb the tower and u-bolt the elevator to the
tower.  Also --- any comments on winches?
Alton McConnell, NU8L
i'm making a difference.?Make every IM count for the cause of your choice. Join