[TowerTalk] Winches and Wenches

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Winches and Wenches
From: "Gary Jones" <>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:28:04 -0500
I had my fingers crossed that we would get through this discussion of
tower winches before someone would make the typing or spelling mistake
on “winch” and turn it into “wench”….   But NO …..
A winch is a device for applying tension to a cable or rope and usually
used in a crank up tower configuration.
A wench is (according to   either 1.)  a country lass or
working girl, or an older meaning is , 2.) to associate, esp.
habitually, with promiscuous women
I would hope no one has a wench bolted to their tower, as I am pretty
sure that is against the law                      :-)
                  Gary     W5FI

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3/16/2007 12:12 PM