[TowerTalk] Tower pictures

Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower pictures
From: KT2Q <>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:54:48 -0400

Received quite a few requests to see the tower
after the winch failure, so I posted a few on the
web at . To get a
closer look, click on Tower Pictures and then the
full-screen icon at the bottom of the picture

Thankfully, the tower didn't exactly free fall or
bottom out. I guess there was enough resistance
left on the winch and pulley system to slow it
down. Everything on the tower looks straight and

Will tilt it over and inspect it thoroughly before
cranking it back up. It looks like the winch
failed because the crank shaft moved enough to one
side to put the sprocket out of alignment with the
pawl. Looks like a bearing / bushing issue.

Thanks to everyone for their generocity and
guidance and inspect that winch if you have a
crank up!

73, Tony KT2Q