Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical to 80 meters.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical to 80 meters.
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:04:32 -0500
I just converted a 40 meter aluminum vertical (33') to an 80 meter
vertical.  I attached about 33 feet of #12 wire to the top of the
aluminum whip, and then hoisted the wire over the top of a nearby
60' tree. I had to trim it a few times to get it right where I
wanted it.  With a good choke balun on the feedline, and (currently)
about 32 radials, the antenna is now starting to play. I'm getting
more QSOs out of this piece of aluminum on 80 meters than I ever
got out of it on 40 meters.

73

-Kirk  K4RO