Re: [TowerTalk] Freestanding 45G

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Freestanding 45G
From: <>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:07:22 -0500
"Now back to tower stuff... Can one of you "engineering" types let me know
the max wind load area for 70 mph rating of a free standing 55' Rohn 45
tower in 3 cu. yards of 1" rebar reinforced concrete (bottom section is 5'
in the concrete)?  Or is it even possible to freestand that much 45?

73 de Perry - K4PWO"

>From my somewhat ancient Rohn catalog.    "ZERO" at 50 ft.       At 45' it is
>rated at 2.3sq ft/no ice and "0" with 1/2" of ice, and that's for a normal
>install with a 5'3" square by 4' deep foundation (4.1 cu yds of
>concrete)......... guy it

Jake K9WN