[TowerTalk] Sizing connectors

To: Towertalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sizing connectors
From: Jan Ditzian <>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:08:47 -0400
I have some lengths of hardline that were given to me, and some of them
have N connectors on the ends. I know that these fetch a price worth
fetching on the used market, and I do not necessarily want to use the
N-connectors, since I use the hardline as feedline for antennas no
higher in frequency than 10 meters.  I would like to know what I should
measure to determine the size cable that these fit.  What diameter is in
question when I hear the terms 1/2-inch or 3/4-inch hardline?  The
diameter of the cable that these are on, including the outer insulation,
is about 5/8-inch.

I actually have several questions:

   1. Where would I measure the dimension that defines the size of the
   2. What size hardline do I seem to have?
   3. Is there a reasonable guess as to the impedance of this line?

Thank you,

Jan, KX2A