[TowerTalk] re guy distance

Subject: [TowerTalk] re guy distance
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:24:31 +0000
My advice:  drive around and take a look at some professional tower jobs:
cell, comm towers, will  notice the anchors are as far out
from the base as the tower is high.   I don't know (or remember if you said)
what you plan to put on ur R25 but in any event, I think 50% of height from
base is too close; I would go for 50 feet out for your 50 foot tower--ask
Rohn to get a legitimate answer.  BTW, somewhere on the web they have or
used to have pdf files of proper guying dimensions for their towers--take a
look around and see if you can find them.

rob / k5uj

Mortgage refinance is hot 1) Rates near 30-yr lows 2) Good credit get
intro-rate 4.625%*