Re: [TowerTalk] RV Antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RV Antennas
From: WB4UNA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:04:37 EDT

In a message dated 3/24/2007 11:56:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jcowens1@comcast.net writes:

would like to get in touch with others who have worked the  problem of
putting a "good" antenna system on and RV for HF hamming  (Motorhome, Trailer,
etc.). This is a unique set of problems to tackle,  and help would be
appreciated.

John Owens -  N7TK

it depends on what you want to run, hf?  vhf?.
 I run a ATAS on hf 10-40 mounted on the ladder on  the back of my rv. it
works great. I run loop antennas for 2/432/6 meter  ssb off the ladder also and
they also work great. I use them going down  the road or sitting in a park
somewhere.  I run a separate antenna  for 2 meter fm work and for the cb also.

Randy

WB4UNA since 1970
Carlus M. Randy Chavis
247 Goff  Court