[RTTY] Cushcraft balun power handling?

Subject: [RTTY] Cushcraft balun power handling?
From: Bill Turner <>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 08:46:39 -0700
Has anyone had any high power problems with the Cushcraft balun
supplied with the X7 triband yagi? They rate it at full legal power,
but it seems a bit small for legal limit RTTY contesting. I'm almost
ready to put the antenna up but I'm wondering if I should just replace
it now while the antenna is still on the ground.

Some years ago I blew a Hy-Gain balun on a TH5-MarkII, but after
installing Hy-Gain's higher power version, all was well. I'm thinking
I should do the same here.

Any suggestions on which balun would be a good choice to replace the

73, Bill W6WRT
RTTY mailing list