Re: [TowerTalk] MOVING A C3

To: <msadams@acsu.buffalo.edu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MOVING A C3
From: "TOMMY HALIBURTON" <ROCKETJ10@MSN.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 07:45:11 -0600
Mark,

I live near Denver, Colorado. In 2005, I moved a C4XLD (Heavy duty C3 with a
longer boom and 2 elements on 40 meters for a total of 9 elements) from
Laramie, Wyoming to my QTH using a Ford Ranger with an extended cab (mini
pickup). I broke the boom down, separated the total elements into halves, and
taped everything together. I had purchased some nylon ratcheting tie-downs from
Home Depot (about $14.00 for 4 tie-downs) and used them to secure to truck bed
(Note well that the load hung over the cab). I drove better than 100 miles with
no problems.

Procure some new rivets, get an antenna analyzer to assist in reassembling, and
you should be good to go. My C4XLD is at 35 feet (I have 19 more feet
available) and it works most everything I can hear on 40 through 10 meters with
150 watts.

I hope you have much fun and good luck.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE