Re: [TowerTalk] ROHN 25G Fold-Over Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ROHN 25G Fold-Over Tower
From: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:55:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I went over to look at a Rohn 25 series fold-over tower last weekend at an
estate sale. The tower is about to be removed by a ham who wants the 25G
sections, but has offered to give me the fold-over assembly pieces, which he
doesn't plan to use. This particular tower appears to be the 48' tall version.
Used 25G sections seem to be often available for just taking down, so with the
hard to find fold-over section, I hope to put up a 25G fold-over tower later.

This particular tower is missing the winch that lowers the fold-over assembly
and upper tower sections. Where the winch was supposed to be mounted, the
fold-over boom section appeared to be permanently locked in place.

The Rohn catalog and 25G fold-over drawings show a winch that appears to be
Rohn part number B2503F0. Does anyone have any recommendation for a suitable
replacement winch that would allow lowering the upper fold-over section? I
doubt that Rohn has them available anymore, since they no longer make fold-over
or crankup towers. If available, I'll pass along recommendations to the guy
removing the tower.

Larry