Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson TT-45

To: TowerTalk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson TT-45
From: Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:23:18 -0700
On Mar 30, 2007, at 12:41 AM, Ed wrote:

>   This is ke6qr, Gary in Vallejo, Ca. I have had a Wilson TT-45 (40
> foot tubular tower) for 27 years now.  I recently ordered a Step IR
> tribander with 30/40 meter dipole kit. The antenna weighs 49 lbs. I
> need to find out what the Wilson Tower is rated for in weight. The
> Wilson company that made the Tower has been out of business for
> many years. Any help you can give me finding the weight
> capabilities would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Gary ke6qr

The radio club at Hughes Aircraft in Canoga Park, CA (WD6EZI) had one
of these towers with a TH6DXX from ~1979-1994. I don't recall the
weight of the TH6DXX, but it was a bit lighter than the TH7DX, which
weighs 75 lbs.  It was on top of a building and exposed to occasional
high winds.  It seemed pretty stable with that load, but after
several years the tower developed somewhat of a bow due to wind
survive the 1994 earthquake (nor did the building on which it was
mounted).

Bob, N7XY