[TowerTalk] : Murch UT-2000B 2KW Transmatch Tuner

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] : Murch UT-2000B 2KW Transmatch Tuner
From: "GARY ELLIOT" <>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 01:30:39 -0000

Thanks to all that responded to my query on the difference between the UT-2000A
and the UT-2000B. Most everyone said that the only difference was that the B
model covered 160 where as the 2000 and the 2000A did not.  A search on e-bay
showed a UT-2000B that the auction had ended but it gave a good description of
the B model.

Apparently during the time it was on the market there were 3 models UT-2000
UT-2000A and the UT2000B. I believe the Murch tuners were all hand made by a
Ham in Maine who marketed these units back in the 60's or early 70's.  Does
anyone really know the history of these units I would appreciate hearing from
you.  For those interested in what the B model looks like, click on the URL
listing below.

73 Gary K7OX<>