Re: [TowerTalk] Community Associations Institute

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Community Associations Institute
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 11:38:30 -0400
On 04/04/07 11:19 am Pat Barthelow wrote:

> This Morning's ABC Good Morning America featured a story about some elderly
> folks kicked out, forced to sell,  their house because they chose to raise a
> grandchild, which was against the Community Association's Rules.  A person
> from The Community Associations Institute was interviewed, and gave his
> perspective and justification for kicking the folks out.   I Googled
> Community Associations Institute, and got a plethora of sites that give
> insight and nuts and bolts of those folks whose chosen profession is to run
> the community associations of their respective areas, and other related
> sites.  Interesting Reading...
>
> "Know thine Enemy" is a famous phrase oft quoted, and I dont know the souce,
> but it might be
> educational for us to study these kinds of sites, and even get on some of
> their mailing lists.  It would give a valuable insight on how they think
> when they threaten radio installations under their control.
>
> Also, another great wise man, a ham friend, gave me some wise advice too;
> That is:
> "Think of this as a Dance, not a fight," and you will have more success.
> (Thanks  Andy!)

I had read of something like this before (or perhaps it was the same
case) and asked the manager of a "senior housing complex" about it. He
told me that among the conditions of the tax breaks they get are a
minimum-age requirement. This was in Michigan; other places could be
different for all I know.

73

Alan NV8A