Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-400 Connectors

To: w7ij@arrl.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-400 Connectors
From: DMartin560@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:51:07 EDT

Search on tessco.com for their part number 87791.
Or any vendor that sells RF Industries connectors for their part number
RFU-507-SI.
I have used these connectors for years with absolutely no problems or
failures.
I do sometimes solder the center conductor if it's convenient to use a gun.
It's very easy to do as the center conductor protrudes out the end of the
center
pin as on a conventional PL259.

Dwayne, KG4ADM

I am looking for the 'best' PL-259 type of connector for LMR-400 co-ax.
The crimp on connectors I have tried have not worked well at all, and yes
I have the crimp tool.

Would appreciate some advice.

73

Bill W7IJ