Re: [TowerTalk] tower jack substitute

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower jack substitute
From: "KC4HW" <jimjohnson@alaweb.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:55:40 -0500
In the past I have used a 2x4 about 8' long.  Cut a length about 20" to 24" off
one end and
nail (or screw) that piece across the length of the 2x4 as a "T"

You can use it in between the two sections to bump and pry them apart.   This
worked pretty
good for Rohn 25.  Never used it on Rohn 45 or bigger.

To fit to a joining section, I just used a rubber mallet and adjusted the rung
on either section
until the fit worked.

Actually you can use the method to adjust sections coming apart also, but
sometimes just
easier to bump them apart with the 2x4...

Jim/kc4hw

On 19 Apr 2007 at 20:19, k2vi wrote:

> I use my hydrualic car jack with a 2x6 piece of wood with a buddy
> holding the gin pole rope.I wouldnt pay that price for a tower jack
> that doesnt work any better or worse.
>
> tony k2vi
> 4/19/2007 5:32 AM

Jim/KC4HW