Re: [TowerTalk] Manual wanted - KLM 4 element 40M antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com, mwdink@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Manual wanted - KLM 4 element 40M antenna
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:58:23 EDT

In a message dated 4/22/2007 12:29:36 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I've inherited what I was told was a KLM 40M4. (Not sure  if
that's a valid model number.) It needs works and I'm looking
for a  manual. An electronic copy would be best but also willing
to pay for a  photocopy and mailing (let me know first).

>  Interested in  making this a 3 element (I'm expecting that
4 el will exceed my comfort level  at this point). Maybe
it's just a matter of dropping the second director  but
interested in comments from those in the know.

Umm, the KLM 4L had 2 driven elements. If yours  only has one driven element,
it's not a KLM.

    Sorry, can't help with the manual. I used to own  one and got rid of it
in favor of the 2L CC 40M beam - never regretted it. The  KLM is rather fragile
and only works as well as the shorty forty so not much  return on your
investment.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH