Re: [TowerTalk] raiseing a 60' rhon 25

To: "merlin-7" <merlin-7@sc.rr.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] raiseing a 60' rhon 25
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 21:46:16 -0400
A 60' hunk of 25G requires one set of guys at the 30' level for this
exercise. Put competent people on each guy which can be rope at this point.
Raise it vertical right on to the base plate. Now use 3 healthy people to
lift and walk onto the mounting tubes.
Typical Field Day install. It can be done with less people after a bit of
experience.

After K1DG lost his 100' tower to a storm some years ago, K1AR and I
installed a new one (with gin pole), with guys, rotator and beam in about 4
hours. Doug was on the ground hauling on the rope, attaching guys to the
anchors when he wasnt cooking dinner and keeping the beer cold. Things can
go real fast when a contest is almost ready to start or that new country is
on

Carl
KM1H

!