Re: [TowerTalk] raiseing a 60' rhon 25

To: "merlin-7" <>,"jeremy-ca" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] raiseing a 60' rhon 25
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 20:26:04 -0400

> It looks like I may need  to meet some of the local ham's up there for
> some
> help.
> I could do it with a jin pole by myself, one section at a time but that
> seems a waste of time and climbing 25 is no fun .

I put up a 100' 45G with just one other person pulling on the rope.
Even in my 60s I find a 25G to be an easy climb (IF it's well guyed) and I
use temporary guys on every section.
OTOH I like climbing, which unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do for
a few months due to a health problem.

25G is listed at 40# per section while 45G is 90# per section.

Good Luck,

Roger (K8RI)