[TowerTalk] Rotator Choice....Yaesu 2800 or Yaesu 1000 ?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator Choice....Yaesu 2800 or Yaesu 1000 ?
From: "Glenn Edson" <>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 21:47:14 -0400
We want to thank all who answered our question on the choice of rotators for
our installation. It made the decision easy and the choice is go with the
Yaesu G-1000DXA. Next question: Any recommendations for rotator control
cable for a 400ft run from the top of tower to the operating position? The
rotator only requires a 6 conductor cable but HRO only carries 8 conductor
cable and their heaviest is Model 9405 which has (6) #18 and (2) # 16 wires
and this is their heaviest.  Texas Tower carries 6 conductor cable with (6)
#18 wires and advised us this is used with all Yaesu rotators for all
lengths which is hard to believe. Our concern is with rotation speed slowed
down to a slow creep, which is a problem we had with our last rotator. Are
there other cables we should consider??

Thanks for everyone's input on this.

Glenn - K1GE