Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal tower movement at the top

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal tower movement at the top
From: "W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 07:50:46 -0700
>Here's an idea... Rohn 45 retails for $200 per 10 ft section, so the entry
>cost for your solution is
>greater than $2,000. Rohn 25 is less, Rohn 65 is more.

I found used Rohn 45 locally for less than $100 per 10' section.

>If you are serious about this, put your money in the bank and hire a crane
>service when necessary
>to do antenna work. How many times do you need to service the antenna each
>year? Then take
>your wife out to dinner with the extra cash.

Cranes must be a lot cheaper where you live.  Based on what friends have
spent locally on crane service, two trips up the tree will cost more than
the tower.  Plus, I'm a do-it-yourself kind of guy.  Not because I'm cheap.
Anyone who knows me would never accuse me of that.  I simply find
satisfaction in knowing how and being able to do things myself.  I must
admit though, that it is getting easier to delegate tasks to others as I get
older :)

73,
Clay  W7CE