[TowerTalk] SteppIR for C31XR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR for C31XR
From: "Howard Klein" <howk2@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 17:07:01 +0000
Thanks for the various replies from N4BAA, W6XR, N4FX, W6TR and K9OM.
I am taking the liberty of replying to the reflector instead of individually since most everyone had the same question. Why??
First let me say this change is not a criticism of the SteppIR but an individual situation. The SteppIR is a fine antenna. In fact as noted I am keeping one at 42 ft. I am somewhat hedging my bets by having one of each.
I have an 80ft self supporting tower and no longer climb. Due to design and a somewhat complicated control system it is subject to some malfunctions usually of a minor nature but not necessarily correctable from the ground. Fluid Motion support makes many of these problems even easier to correct at least economically by a very liberal warantee and replacement policy. It goes well beyond what is stated. I look forward to at least equal performance from the C31XR and will be anxious to see first hand. I am still open to C31XR owners for ideas of what to expect performance wise.

Howard..K2HK

Catch suspicious messages before you open them?with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_protection_0507