Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:09:29 -0400
Look, I like complexity.  I use motorized switched matching networks
on my antennas so I don't have to use a regular tuner...

The issue that I would be considering with something like a SteppIR is
more that it is both complex and has quite specialized parts.

If my aluminum tribander has loose rivets the day before  a contest I
can go to Home Depot and get rivets... or if not rivets, screws.

If my beryllium copper tape gets snarled, I have to wait for a replacement part.