Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR
From: "Peter Voelpel" <>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 19:53:23 +0200
From: Jim Lux []

At 02:51 PM 5/11/2007, Peter Voelpel wrote:
>>Those figures are EZNEC simulated

>Which figures?

The figures given by Optibeam on their homepage

>In general, decent NEC models of different antennas should be
intercomparable. "decent" being the operative word.. It
>takes a fair amount of skill and work to generate good models, especially
if there are tapered elements, traps, or lumped >components.  The other
thing that will definitely be an issue for a model is anything where the
feedline or other stuff
>is part of the antenna, whether deliberately or not.

>But, for comparisons of run of the mill Yagi-Uda arrays, with attention to
segmentation and such, one should be able to
>get comparative data within 1/2 dB or so.

Try to convince Steve.
Seems he is not a believing in antenna simulation.

But I don´t believe in gain figures which are not measured in the main lobe