[TowerTalk] Rohn BPC25G

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn BPC25G
From: "D. Scott MacKenzie" <>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 14:06:13 -0400

I have the Rohn BPC25G, which is the concrete base plate for 25G.  It
requires a single pier pin, but there are two holes - one in the center, and
one at the edge of the plate.  I realize I use the center pin, but what
purpose does the other hole serve?

The pier pin, Rohn 3/4x12PP, is also a smooth pin, without any other
features.  There is nothing to hold it in the concrete.

Would 3/4" threaded rod (material is similar to the pier pin), with large
fender washers also serve as a better pin - at least there would be
something to hold it in the concrete.  There is nothing that I have found in
the Rohn catalog that would provide me guidance.

I would appreciate your guidance.