Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn BPC25G

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn BPC25G
From: "jeremy-ca" <>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 20:31:26 -0400
The pier pin is hardened steel to the best of my knowledge. Hardware store
threaded rod is Grade 3.
The pin is the correct way to install a guyed tower and it makes the guys do
the work and not generate undue stress and potential cracks in the bottom
section. Ive simply sunk a section in concrete for some light duty installs
but when serious windloading is planned then the pin is the choice.

Dont ever put a ground rod in the concrete base. A lightining strike can
easily explode the concrete.